Friday, February 29, 2008

Well, this week is the week of firsts. It is the first week of phase one of my new "eating plan."

For years I have struggled with health problems. Last year we had a break through, when I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. This conquered most of my problems but they were still many days when I did not feel right. I was STILL having migraines and feelings of achiness. My memory suffers still from what the doctors call "brainfog." I was not satisfied with the results so I went in search for more answers.

I found out about the LEAP program. And since I can't explain as well as a doctor, I will copy and paste from a website:

LEAP or Lifestyle Eating and Performance is a program that will help you overcome any food sensitivity problems you might have. LEAP allows you to quickly identify what foods, additives, and chemicals are likely provoking your symptoms, and, more importantly, which foods have the highest probability of being safe. LEAP uses a patented, proven blood test named MRT (Mediator Release Test) to isolate a safe foods diet for you. MRT eliminates the guesswork to give you definitive answers. Once the test is performed, an eating plan is developed and tailored to the needs of each individual client.



So, as you can see, the LEAP program works in conjuction to the foods that you are sensitive to.

Ergo, I can't eat anything this week: I found out I am highly sensitive to these foods. (I realize that noone is really interested in all of this. I am mainly writing about this for my own good. It's good to journal these major events in one's life.)

So this is what I CANNOT eat for the time being, at least: (Highly sensitive foods) Apply, Asparagus, Avocado, Banana, Buckwheat, Caffeine, Capsaicin, Carob, Cashew, Coffee, Oregano, Pistachio, Rye, Scallop, SMB. Suflite, Sole, Tuna, Yellow Squash.

(These next foods I showed a reaction to but a little less severe than the previous ones listed) Almond, AM. Cheese, Apriocot, Aspartame, Barley, Beef, Blueberry, Catfish, Cauliflower, Cola Nut, Garlic, Ginger, Onion, Paprika, Shrimp, Sodium Sulfite, Spinach, Tilapia, Tomato, Turmeric, Tyramine, Zucchini.

Week 1: Phase 1: This is what I CAN eat. Pork, Egg, Lentil, White Potato, Celery, Lima Bean, Lettuce, Mango, Organic Grape, Cantaloupe, Yogart, Butter, Pecan, Olive Oil, Sesame Oil, Corn Oil, Honey, Lemon, Vanilla.

Needless to say this week has been interesting trying to come up with fun ideas to eat. I'm not very creative in the morning so everyday I've made scrambled eggs and bacon...not a bad deal though. I could get used to this.

The porkchops, however, can go...and I won't say a word.

For more information, (and if you're just really really really bored or interested in this kind of stuff, read this.)

1 comment:

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

hey I had a friend who did something similar to this. she suffers from fibrmyalgia. she would control her symptoms by how she ate, etc. she learned if she wanted something like a hamburger that would eat one and not eat on for a while. she had to be careful. best luck to you. know this has been struggle for a while now.
Rebecca Z. now A.