Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Life is what you make it

I used to get sad...like really sad...when I watched movies where real life is portrayed in an unrealistic way. Oh wait! That's like EVERY movie! More specifically it's the little moments in movies that would make me stop and think, "That would never happen in real life!"

Lately, (I know it sounds vain) but lately I have been wondering if my life would be worth watching if it were a movie....and I think YES, yes it would. I may have a simple life, predictable in some cases, but I love my life. From the time my feet dive into my "old man slippers" (as I call them) until my last sip of tea signifying the days end...I love my life. I was walking my dog, Conner, yesterday, breathing in the (somewhat humid) November air, and I thought, "This is my favorite part of the day." What's funny is that I had thought that about an hour earlier when I gave my love, Brent, a huge bear hug after I got home from work. Later on that day, the same though flashed through my mind as a stroked my cat, Hazel's, back and she purred.

If I were a cat, I would have purred, too.

No comments: